The 1100-CLEAR series of water-based concrete curing compounds is formulated from hydrocarbon resins and may be used on interior, exterior, vertical, and horizontal concrete surfaces. Once applied, 1100-CLEAR forms a premium-grade membrane that retains an optimum amount of water in freshly placed concrete for complete hydration of the cement. NOTE: After approximately four weeks, the membrane begins to chemically break down when exposed to UV rays. The membrane will eventually dissipate from the surface. This process is sped up by exposure to traffic and UV light, as well as weathering conditions. The 1100-CLEAR series has been used on both interior and exterior applications where paint, resilient tile, or resilient flooring may be applied later. Because of the wide variety of coatings, paints, adhesives, and toppings available, contact the manufacturer of the flooring system or subsequent coating or topping for application approval over resin-based curing compounds. A small test application is always recommended.
- When properly applied, 1100-CLEAR produces a premium-grade film, which optimizes water retention.
- Furnished as a ready-to-use, true water-based compound.
- Produces hard, dense concrete … minimizes hair checking, thermal cracking, dusting, and other defects.
- Offers a compressive strength significantly greater than improperly cured or uncured concrete.
- Increases tensile strength for greater resistance to cracking and surface crazing.
- Improves resistance to abrasion and the corrosive actions of salts and chemicals.
- Minimizes excessive shrinkage.
- Can be applied quickly and easily with conventional commercial spray equipment.
- Formulations also available with red fugitive dye added.